Wednesday 16 November 2011

DinamikTiDi Is Going to the PCAC Xmas Market

Hello Tie Dye Lovers One And All


Tied this one a little different just to see what would happen - turned out interesting I think
As I have promised myself that I will write more frequent blogs simply to keep my brain cells active, and to stop me forgetting how to spell and use correct grammar, etc., this is just a quick little tie dye blog to help ward off encroaching senility.  

As some of you already know, I really, really, really do love tie dye.  I just wish I could wear it to work each day as it makes you happy just looking at it.
 
I work in two health shops, one where customers are always polite and one where they tend to be rather more grumpy, no matter how you try and help them (the difference in customer behaviour between the two stores is rather interesting).    Perhaps if I greeted  customers wearing an outrageously colourful t-shirt, they would be a little more courteous and happy about the world in general - they might even start to feel better (colour therapy!). 


If you're wearing a tie dye t-shirt you are hard to miss! They are the best if you want to stand out in the crowd and be noticed.  They are fun, fun, fun to wear and it is amazing how many people will make positive comments when you are wearing one.
 
ooooo aaaaah, just look at all those pretty colours ....



Anyway one of the reasons I love them is because of the way the colours all just meld, merge and blend together in a similar fashion to a watercolour painting.

Intended this to be 2 colours only but I got a little carried away
I am always pleasantly surprised at some of the unexpected  effects  you sometimes get (they are what my watercolour art teacher calls "happy accidents").  

Generally I have a set idea in mind and I carefully fold and bind each t-shirt, then put the dye where I want it.  Once each one is all wrapped up in its plastic bag I wait very impatiently for the 24 hours needed to set the dye.  The bathroom becomes very colourful as I usually sit them all in the bath tub while they are curing.

Finally, when it's time to rinse them I always think that I have a good idea of how they are going to look.   So often though, as I carefully unwrap them and wash them out I see that they are so much better (not always mind you) and that the random blending of the dyes has formed something far superior to what I had originally planned (oh joy!).

I must confess I am not fond of the type of tie dye where a tie dye picture is put on the shirt, like a guitar or mushroom or something.  It is very clever and all, but I much prefer the more random effects. 


Anyway, the photos above and immediately below are four  new tees that I have not yet offered for sale.  I was very happy with how they turned out and just wanted to show them to you all and tell you that I will have these and lots of other tees for sale this weekend  (Sat 19th and Sun 20th Nov 2011)  at the 

Port Community Arts Centre Xmas Craft Market
Black Diamond Gallery,
66 Commercial Road,
Port Adelaide.
South Australia. 
(right next to the Tourist Information Centre)  



I tried for an oval rather than circular shape with this one - quite pleased with it - must do some more like this.

If you like tie dye come on and check it out and say Hi.  It will be open from 4.00pm - 9.00pm on the saturday and 10.00am to 4.00pm on the sunday.  I will have over 100 T-shirts with  sizes ranging from babies up to about 5XL, and there will be lots of other gifts made by local artists and crafts people.

If you can't make it to the markets but would like to look at some of my t-shirts or better yet if you would  like to buy a t-shirt (dare I hope!) then  check out any of the following (and as soon as I can there will be a few on ETSY and Madeit too:

Shown below are a few examples of DinamikTiDi t-shirts which are for sale on my websites and which will also be for sale at the Xmas Market  (sorry they are all over the place I couldn't get the little devils to line up for me).




































 
So,  if you live in Adelaide and want some fun on Saturday, come along to historic Port Adelaide for the Xmas pageant and to say hello to us all at the Black Diamond Gallery. 

Cheers,
Heather.

PS - sorry about all the colours, I couldn't help myself -  it was an article about tie dye so it just had to be colourful didn't it?
 







No comments:

Post a Comment